Plug-and-play connectors facilitate easy installation, minimising the wiring necessary to install your autopilot system. Industry-standard NMEA 2000® networking offers simple connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedback units, and multifunction displays located anywhere on board.
Hydraulic and Cable Steer Options
The NAC-1 Autopilot Computer is recommended for boats up to 9 metres (30 feet) in length. It been designed to reliably drive either the Simrad PUMP-1 reversible hydraulic pump for hydraulic-steered outboards, or the HELM-1 drive unit for cable-steered vessels.
Virtual Rudder Feedback
Simrad Virtual Rudder Feedback technology eliminates the need to install a separate rudder feedback unit aboard outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats with planing hulls. This reduces overall autopilot system cost and complexity, and is ideal where a feedback unit is impractical due to mechanical constraints.
- Reliable autopilot performance based on Continuum Steering technology.
- Recommended for boats up to 9 metres (30 feet) in length.
- Compatible with the Simrad PUMP-1 reversible hydraulic pump and HELM-1 cable steer drive unit.
- Virtual rudder feedback for simplified installation aboard outboard and sterndrive boats.
- Supports Simrad RF25 rudder feedback units.
- Plug-and-play connectors for easy installation.
- NMEA 2000® connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedbacks, and multifunction displays.
|Compass sensor support||NMEA2000|
|Drive output||12VDC, Rev. Motor control 8A, 16A peak (1sec.)|
|Engine Drive systems integration||Reversible pump/Helm Drive|
|Manouevres / Turn Patterns||n/a|
|Rudder sensor support||VRF, 0-5V, RF25|
|NMEA 0183 Sentences supported||n/a|
|NMEA 2000||1x CAN Micro-C port, 3 LEN|
|Size and Type||n/a|
|Power Consumption, max.||140mA + Drive unit load|
|Power Consumption, typical||140mA + Drive unit load|
|Recommended Fuse Rating||20A|
|Operating Temperature Range||-25C to +55C (-13F to +131F)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-30C to +70C (-22F to +158F)|
|Compass Safe Distance – Metric, imperial||0,5m (19,7″)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||204 x 190 x 57mm (8,03 x 7,5 x 2,24″)|
|Weight||0,6kg (1,3 lbs)|
|Warranty Period||2 years|