Complete High-Capacity System Pack
This complete pack includes everything you need to build a Simrad autopilot system for hydraulic-steered outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats up to 15 metres, or 50 feet. The RPU-160 reversible hydraulic pump handles cylinder displacement of 160-550 cm³, and is driven by the high-current NAC-3 autopilot computer. This pack also includes the Simrad Precision-9 solid-state compass, plus all cabling and connectors required to build an NMEA 2000® network backbone or connect your autopilot system to an existing NMEA 2000® network.
Easy Installation and Setup
Our Virtual Rudder Feedback technology eliminates the need for a mechanical rudder feedback unit aboard many vessels, greatly simplifying installation. The AP44 also offers automatic tuning to ensure optimal auto-steering performance, through a simple on-screen commissioning process that guides you through both dockside configuration and sea trial. Once your autopilot system is up and running, the included Precision-9 heading sensor features automatic compass calibration to continually fine-tune heading accuracy as you go.
AP44 Autopilot Controller
The AP44 Autopilot Controller features a full colour display, intuitive rotary dial and button controls, and modern glass helm styling. Free your hands from the wheel, cruise in comfort, and discover new ways to search for fish; this dedicated controller offers easy access to automated turn patterns, No Drift steering, depth contour tracking, and other advanced pilot features. Connect your chartplotter to add waypoint and route navigation, and enjoy full autopilot control from compatible Simrad displays.
- Ideal for outboard and I/O boats up to 15 metres (50 feet).
- Complete pack includes everything you need to get started.
- Virtual Rudder Feedback simplifies installation.
- Easy setup with automatic tuning and compass calibration.
- Features automated turn patterns for fuel-efficient, hands-free manoeuvres.
- No Drift steering holds your course against wind and tide.
- Depth contour tracking makes it easy to fish ledges and drop-offs.