The NAC-3 Autopilot Computer is recommended for boats above 10 metres (35 feet) in length. It is rated to operate high-current drive pumps including the Simrad RPU160 and RPU300, mechanical drives such as the Simrad DD15, hydraulic linear drives such as the HLD2000 series, and solenoid valves.
Virtual Rudder Feedback
Simrad Virtual Rudder Feedback (VRF) technology eliminates the need to install a separate rudder feedback unit aboard outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats with planing hulls. This reduces overall autopilot system cost and complexity, and is ideal where a feedback unit is impractical due to mechanical constraints. For vessels that do require a physical rudder feedback sensor, the NAC-3 supports SimNet or NMEA 2000® connected Simrad RF25 feedback units, and rudder feedback sensors with variable frequency output including the Simrad RF300.
Industry-standard NMEA 2000® networking and NMEA 0183® input allow simple connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedback units, autopilot controllers, and multifunction displays located anywhere on board.
- Reliable autopilot performance based on Continuum Steering technology.
- Recommended for boats above 10 metres (35 feet) in length.
- Compatible with high-current drive pumps, mechanical drives, hydraulic linear drives, and solenoid valves.
- Virtual rudder feedback for simplified installation aboard outboard and sterndrive boats.
- Supports Simrad RF25 and RF300 rudder feedback units.
- NMEA 2000® connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedbacks, dedicated autopilot controllers, and multifunction displays.
- NMEA 0183® input.