- Autopilot solutions for NSO, NSE and NSSFull Pilot Control from NSO/NSE/NSS DisplaysIntegrated Rotary Controller and Auto/Standby KeyUse with or without AP24/AP28 Control HeadsFully Configure & Commission Pilot from MFDCompatible with Optional WR20 Wireless RemoteMain featuresIntegrated turn and steering patternsDodge functionNo drift modeVirtual rudder feedbackDepth contour trackingAdvanced wind steeringInstrument data displaySelling a system.
- Step 1:Confirm customer needs below-deck modular drive Power – the boat uses hydraulic steering Sail – the boat is not tiller steered.
- Step 2: Select the Controller optionAP24 control head – compact head, matched to IS20AP28 control head – larger display and a rotary knobNSO/NSE/NSS control – use an NS Series with or instead of anAP24/AP28.
- Step 3: Drive/Computer selection: Detailed boat and steering specs are required for drive selection. Use selection guide for estimates.Once drive is selected, the AC12/AC42 is easily determined. Good practice is to recommend dealer for confirmation of driveselection.
- Step 4: Complete the System – heading information & rudder feedbackSystem requires heading input. FC40 compass or a RC42 rate gyro. The RC42 rate gyro gives maximum performance (and networked for Radar Overlay/MARPA)VRF is designed for boats that can’t easily use a feedback unit (like outboards). For boats that can fit an RFU: RF25 is easiest if near a SimNet backbone: 5.5m (18ft) SimNet cableRF300 is easiest if not near SimNet (10m 2-wire lead)LF3000 is an alternate to VRF for outboard boats.
- Step 5: Recommend add-onsAdditional networked control heads or control thru NSE, NSO,NSS. Additional control options : WR20 for wireless control, JS10 for joystick operation, 20 Instruments – especially IS20 Compass, IS20 Rudder or sophisticated helms.Drive Guidelines for powerRPU 80hyulic Steering Rams 80-250 cc capacity.
- Typically fitted up to 35 ft.RPU 160 Hydraulic Steering Rams 160-550 cc capacity. Typically fitted up to 50 ft.RPU 300 Hydraulic Steering Rams 290-960 cc capacity. Typically fitted up to 70 ftPower:Most boats >24ft use hydraulic steering systems.Match the drive pump capacity to the steering cylinder capacity.Note: For I/O stern drive boats (cable operated) – use Simrad MSD50 drive packs.Note: For Volvo IPS systems – use Simrad EVC packages.Drive Guidelines for sailAP 24/28 systems Mechanical Drives for Wheel Steered YachtsSD 10 Wheel steering up to 36 ftDD 15 Wheel steering up to 45 ftAP 24/28 systems Hydraulic Drives for Wheel Steered YachtsHLD 350 Wheel steering up to 39 ftHLD 2000L Wheel steering up to 50 ftHLD 2000LD Wheel steering up to 65 ftSail:Most boats >30ft could benefit from a hydraulic under-deck pilot.Hydraulic drives are selected by boat displacement.SD10 & DD15 are mechanical drives that may offer installation space savings.
- Note: For tiller steered boats, Simrad offers the most complete range of tillerpilots.