Complete visibility with integrated AIS
The RS100-B system features a Class-B AIS receiver and transmitter, so not only is your boat’s position identifiable to nearby AIS-enabled vessels but theirs are also visible to you. The integrated AIS receiver is a valuable aid to help avoid collisions in crowded harbours and waterways. It monitors the location of all nearby AIS-enabled vessels, providing real-time information in any weather condition, night and day. AIS information can be viewed directly on the radio’s screen or via a compatible multifunction device, as an overlay on a chart or radar screen.
A modular system to fit any boat
The RS100-B is a modular VHF system that’s expandable and customisable to suit any boat and any on-water communication needs. The standard package includes one wired handset and one external speaker. This setup is expandable up to eight handsets (four wired and four wireless) and four external speakers – ideal for use as an on-board intercom with Simrad HS40 wireless or HS100 wired handsets. The wireless handsets duplicate the radio display and controls on easy-to-read screens viewable under all lighting conditions, even bright sunlight. All primary functions are accessible from the handset with channel scan and favourites, alphanumeric keypad, clear audio, handset station naming and 60-second audio rewind.
- Integrated Class-B AIS transmitter and receiver
- Bundled with dedicated GPS receiver, GPS-500 for AIS transmission
- Class D DSC approved VHF radio
- Integrated GPS receiver
- Connect up to four wireless and four wired handsets
- Add an optional loudhailer and up to four external speakers
- NMEA 0183® and NMEA 2000® connectivity
- 60-second audio rewind
- Configurable external speakers with volume offsetting
- Handset backlight settings can be grouped with NMEA 2000® backlight groups so MFD’s and VHF Radios can have backlight controlled together
- Track Buddy – track up to five “buddies” using their VHF MMSI